broken arm

Workers' Compensation Attorney

A workplace injury can affect your ability to participate in work and everyday activities, dramatically lowering your quality of life.

If your injury is connected to work, workers' compensation lawyer Joey Chiaf in Oklahoma City, OK, can help you pursue a claim.

Am I automatically entitled to workers' compensation?

You Have Rights Under Oklahoma's Workers' Compensation Laws

The workers’ compensation system is intended to ensure employees have the funds necessary to recover from a work-related injury or illness. In Oklahoma, employers are required to have insurance to cover workers’ compensation claims and those providers must fairly consider your claim for coverage.

However, navigating the system can be complex and cause unneeded anxiety when you should be focused on your recovery. This is especially true if your initial claim is denied. Workers’ compensation attorney Joey Chiaf of Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City, OK, can help with all stages of your claim and will fight to ensure you receive what you need to recover and begin rebuilding your life.

Downtown Oklahoma City

"The Best Lawyer in His Field."

"My case was a Work Comp related case where the employer would not recognize the injury. Joey and his wonderful staff worked tirelessly in my behalf. After 4 surgeries and 4 years, we were awarded a settlement. I would like to thank Chaif Law Firm for their marvelous and dedicated service. He is the best lawyer in Oklahoma in his field." Richard Greene, Client

Explore Your Options

Whether you are pursuing a new workers' compensation claim or disputing a denied claim, we can help. Call our Oklahoma City office at (405) 524-1501 to schedule your free consultation.

Why should you consider hiring a workers' compensation lawyer? 

A Workers' Compensation Attorney Can Help You:

Secure Benefits 

If your place of employment denies your claim, does not take action fast enough, or tries settling for an unfair amount, hiring a workers' comp attorney is essential. By placing a dedicated legal team in your corner, you have the best chances of recovering a full, fair settlement for your injuries. 

Help You Recover

If you are unhappy with the medical care provided by your employer, a workers' comp lawyer can arrange for you to get a second opinion from a different medical provider. 

Hold Third Parties Accountable

If you were injured on the job due to negligence on the part of someone other than your employer, you may be able to pursue a different or separate action by filing a third-party claim.

Do Not Wait Get the Help You Need Today

Workers' compensation claims can quickly become more complicated than you expect. 

The team at Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City will work closely with you throughout your case to ensure you receive what you deserve after a work-related injury or illness changes your life. 

There are no upfront fees for hiring an attorney from our firm. 

With workers' compensation claims, there are time limits on receiving compensation, so do not wait to call.

Reach out to our firm online or call us at (405) 524-1501 today.


"I Got What I Deserve for My Disability."


Dawn Torres


Google logo

Best lawyer to go to the won my case really fast. I got what I  deserve for my disability I have. If you need one ask for Theresa L. Hart she was amazing

View On Google

Jimmy Copeland


Google logo

Good solid legal team. They worked very hard for me. They will take care of you.

View On Google

Why should you entrust your claim to our Oklahoma City workers' compensation lawyers?

Watch Our Video: Meet Joey Chiaf

Ride along with workers' comp attorney Joey Chiaf as he explains how he uses his law degree to represent Oklahoma workers that have been hurt on the job or need social security benefits.

We Work  for the People


Think Hiring a Law Firm Is Too Expensive?
If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay

Unfortunately, many injured workers put off filing a claim until it is too late, or do not file a claim at all because they think they cannot afford professional help.

Contingency Basis

At Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City, we have made legal help affordable to all Oklahoma workers. Joey Chiaf takes all workplace injury cases on a contingency basis. This means that if you do not get paid, we do not get paid.

Free Consultations

Our law firm also offers complimentary consultations to clients so you can discuss the details of your case risk-free. You have more to lose if you do not contact a lawyer, so reach out to our office in Oklahoma City and see how we can help.

What counts as a workplace injury? 

Other Types of Workplace Injuries

  • Back Injuries
  • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 
  • Electrocution 
  • Falls 
  • Loss of Limb 
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents 
  • Paralysis 
  • Spinal Cord Injury 
  • Struck by Object
  • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) 
  • Vision Loss  
  • Wrongful Death 

"One of the Best."


Too Tall


Google logo

Joey Chiaf is one of the best

View On Google

Stephanie Barnett


Google logo

Great family friendly staff.

View On Google

Millions of Workplace Injuries Occur Every Year

Which Benefits Can Be Awarded to Oklahoma Workers?

If your work injury claim has been approved by your employer's insurance company, under workers' compensation law, you can receive:

Two-thirds of Your Wage

You are eligible to receive two-thirds of your average weekly wage during the time that you are ordered not to work by the insurance company's authorized physician.


Under workers' compensation law, you are eligible for payment for a permanent partial impairment, or a partial disability classified by the insurance company's authorized physician.

Reimbursement of Expenses

Payment of medical expenses to physicians authorized by the insurance company, and reimbursement of related out-of-pocket expenses, including medication and mileage if you are required to travel beyond the county of your place of employment.

Contact Our Law Firm Today

Our law firm is dedicated to protecting Oklahoma workers. If you believe you are entitled to workers' compensation or your claim has been denied, contact us online or call (405) 524-1501 to request a complimentary consultation  at our Oklahoma City office.

Your Legal Options Personalized Solutions from the Team at Chiaf Law Offices, P.C.

Administrative Claim

Administrative Claim

In most work-related injuries, the main route for compensation is an administrative claim. These types of claims typically only cover lost wages and medical expenses, though they may also include benefits for permanent impairments.

With an administrative claim, you follow the normal steps for reporting a work-related injury or illness. While you do not need to hire an attorney and law firm for this type of claim, additional support from our team can ensure you follow the process properly and receive fair coverage.

gavel and neck brace

Third-Party Claim

If your injury was caused by someone other than your coworker or company, you may have the right to file a third-party claim. With a third-party claim, you can receive compensation for pain and suffering, as well as medical expenses and lost wages.

This type of civil case can supplement your benefits from an administrative claim or help you receive what you need if your company's insurance carrier denies your claim. The team at Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City can investigate the cause of your work-related injury or illness and pursue a personal injury case against those responsible.

We Can Help Call Today

Our firm focuses almost exclusively on job-related injuries so that we can provide you with the most attentive service and favorable results. Injured workers and their loved ones can reach our workers' compensation lawyers in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, by calling: 

(405) 524-1501

Be aware of state-specific regulations that could affect the value of your claim...

There Is a Time Limit on Filing a Claim in Oklahoma

Injured workers have a limited amount of time in which to file a workers' compensation claim. The amount of time differs depending upon the type of injury you have suffered, whether you have received medical treatment, whether you have received disability or medical compensation, and other factors.

You have 30 days to notify your employer and 2 years to file a workers' comp claim.

Work Injury Occurs

You have 30 days to notify your employer and 2 years to file a workers' comp claim.

Report the injury to your employer within 30 days

Notify your employer within 30 days. If you are suffering from an occupational disease or an injury resulting from repeated trauma (like carpal tunnel), you must tell your employer within 90 days of separation from employment.
np_year_2080614_FFFFFF Copy 2Created with Sketch.

File your claim within 2 years

Then, you have two years to file the actual claim, so it is in your best interest to take fast action.
np_year_2080614_FFFFFFCreated with Sketch.

We're here to help

If you have any questions or concerns, book a free consultation with our Oklahoma City workers' compensation lawyers.

"They Take Care of Everything."

"Anyone who has been hurt in an accident should call Chiaf law firm. They have a network of doctors that can help you without payment up front. No worries because they take care of Everything while you have time to recover. Everyone is courteous and helpful. Very professional."
Micah B., Client -

Worried about the cost of hiring a lawyer? 

No Fees  Until We Win Your Case 

No win. No fee.

At Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City, we do not get paid until you do. And our attorneys do not like losing

We will represent you on a contingency basis, meaning that we will only collect legal fees if we are able to recover compensation on your behalf. 

What can you expect from the time you file a claim to when you hire us? 

Our Attorneys Can Guide You  Through the Process 

Although the specifics of your workers' compensation case will depend on the nature of your injury, here is what you can generally expect:

If your employer denies your workers' comp claim or does not take action fast enough, hiring an attorney is essential. 
If your employer denies your workers' comp claim or does not take action fast enough, hiring an attorney is essential. 

Reporting Injury

Notify your employer of your injury as soon as possible. Failing to do so can affect the outcome of your case or result in the denial of your claim. 

Medical Evaluation

They may arrange for you to see a physician who can evaluate the extent of your injury. This medical provider will also determine whether your injuries will prevent you from returning to work. Remember you are always entitled to a second opinion with a different physician.

Medical Care

If your physician recommends medical care, take it. Follow the treatment plan that is prescribed to you. Failing to do so can also affect the outcome of your claim. 


After your treatment, you will see a physician of our choosing so that they can determine whether you can return to work or if you need to receive disability benefits.

Call a Lawyer

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your treatment or decisions made by your employer and haven't already hired a workers' compensation lawyer, it is time to do so. Our Oklahoma City firm can help you achieve a fair settlement

More Than 35 Years  of Handling Workers' Compensation Cases

Joey Chiaf has over three decades in practice representing injured workers in and around Oklahoma City. He is a dedicated workers' compensation attorney who offers free consultations for every client and can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. To schedule your free case review, call us at: 

(405) 524-1501

What types of workers' compensation benefits can I collect? 

Following a Workplace Injury,
You May Be Entitled To: 

Medical Care 

By law, workers' compensation benefits will cover 100 percent of the medical costs associated with your injury as well as any time off taken due to your injury. 

Temporary Disability

If your injury temporarily prevents you from returning to the same job you had before your injury, you may be eligible for temporary disability benefits. But if you can still work (although not as many hours as before) due to physical restriction, you may receive temporary partial disability benefits.

Permanent Disability

If you are permanently disabled because of your injury, you may receive permanent disability benefits. If you are completely unable to return to work at all, you may receive permanent total disability benefits. But if you can still work with your physical impairment, you may receive permanent partial disability benefits instead. 

Death Benefits

If your loved one was killed by a workplace injury, you are entitled to death benefits as a dependent or family member

We've helped other clients like you...

A Review from Another Happy Client

"When I needed to ask a question I spoke with Mr Chiaf not a secretary or someone else. He would return my calls, kept me well informed and made me feel as though I was important."  Client Review on

Workers' Compensation FAQs

Can I sue my employer if I've been injured on the job?

In most circumstances, you cannot file a personal injury lawsuit against your employer after a workplace injury in Oklahoma. Usually, your only path towards the compensation you need to recover is a workers' compensation claim. However, if your injury is the fault of a third party, you may be able to sue that third party for damages. An example of this would be an injury caused by faulty equipment, in which case the victim or the victim's family could sue the manufacturer of the equipment.

Am I required to hire an attorney before filing a workers' comp claim?

No. There is nothing preventing you from filing a claim on your own behalf. However, the workers' compensation system in Oklahoma is difficult and complex. Injured workers who attempt to navigate this system on their own are at risk of having their claims denied or being shortchanged. It is highly recommended that you consult with a workers' compensation lawyer like Joey Chiaf of Oklahoma City before filing your claim. Consultations with our firm are completely free of charge and obligation, so there's no reason not to discuss your situation with our team as you decide how to proceed with your case.

Why would my claim be denied?

Remember: the insurance company wants to deny your claim, and they will look for any and every reason to do so. Many workers' comp claims are denied because they were not filed in time. That's why it's critical that you notify your employer as soon as possible after a workplace injury and consult with an attorney shortly after that. Other claims are denied when the injured worker fails to follow a doctor's orders, so it's important that you listen to your doctor's advice and properly manage your injury. Ultimately, the best way to ensure that your claim is not denied for a preventable reason is to consult with a workers' compensation lawyer.

What is the Oklahoma Workers' Compensation Commission?

The Oklahoma Workers' Compensation Commission (OWCC) is the government body that oversees and adjudicates cases that involve workplace injuries. When you are injured on the job, you will file your claim documents with the OWCC, and any hearings or appeals will be overseen by OWCC officials.

Chiaf Law Offices logo

Chiaf Law Offices, P.C.

The attorneys at Chiaf Law Offices, P.C., in Oklahoma City have dedicated their professional careers to protecting injured Oklahomans. We have many years of practicing in these areas of injury law and Social Security Disability:

  • Workers' Compensation (37+ years) 
  • Personal Injury (37+ years) 
  • Social Security Disability (20 years) 

We offer free consultations for injured victims. To schedule your case review, request an appointment online or call us at (405) 524-1501.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite
Google map image of our location in 1717 N Broadway Ave  Oklahoma City, OK

Oklahoma City Office

1717 N Broadway Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Closed Today

Fax: (405) 524-1777

What is the best time for you?

Add additional time

Tell us a bit about yourself...

(405) 524-1501 Send a message